Despite tremendous growth and revitalization underway, Downtown Schenectady is still a food desert. Let’s make it a food oasis.
We are focused on growing social capital, not just sales. Community partnerships are key. Our future depends on your continued support. Here’s how you can help:
Spread the word
- Tell your friends, co-workers, kids, parents, people you see at church, neighbors, siblings, etc. Do you have a childhood friend you haven’t talked to in a while? Sounds like you have a phone call to make…
- Write letters to the editor. Be ambassadors for our Co-op. Encourage others to invest in a community-owned downtown grocery store.
- Host a meet-up at your business or home, or organize a meet-up at your favorite local business. Invite a few Member-Owner friends and a few prospective Member-Owners.
- We have year-round opportunities and we’re very creative at finding ways to put unique talents to work for our collective cause.
- Table with us at events. We’ll train volunteers!
- Help with our annual Mabee Farm to Fork event: sponsor, donate or solicit items for the silent auction, help us in the kitchen, pick up ingredients from farms, grow some herbs or fall flowers, decorate and prep the barn, wait tables, etc.
- Let us know what your skills are! We might call on you! Art? Cooking? Music? Something else?
- No talent? No problem. Your passion is all it takes to help us at our next event. Visit our website to learn about upcoming events and how you can help.
- Have an idea for something we’re not doing? Why haven’t you told us yet!?
Attend an Event and Bring Your Friends
- Co-ops aren’t just about food, they’re about building communities and making them healthier. The only way we achieve this mission is to open the door to every member of our community. So spread your arms wide.
- Attend monthly board and annual membership meetings. Make your voice heard.
- Join us for First Fridays at Frog Alley. Instead of complaining about how no one talks to each other today or writing a comment on some message board, let’s take action. But let’s do it together.